Protecting the environment and fostering environmental awareness are priorities for KLEEMANN. We ensure that our environmental responsibility remains integral to our growth and to every aspect of our business activity.
We have also developed an environmental Policy, which reflects our commitment to environmentally friendly practices and lays out specific environmental strategies. Our goals include:
- To provide environmentally conscious products and services.
- To comply with all the environmental laws and regulations.
- To continuously improve environmental management through internal audits and reviews of activities.
- To develop programmes in order to achieve specific environmental objectives.
- To implement measures that reduce the environmental impact of all business processes.
- To carry out environmental training programmes for all employees in order to implement environmental management.
- To promote open dialogue with all stakeholders and enhance the environmental awareness of all its employees and the society.
Environmental Responsibility Guidelines
Energy and emissions
- reducing electricity consumption by 10% across our premises (implementing Building Management System – BMS).
- reducing gas emissions by 10% and controlling the gas usage via a BMS.
Controlling KLEEMANN’s environmental footprint and redesigning its products.
In the last 4 years, KLEEMANN has implemented the principles of Ecodesign according to ISO 14006. Our primary goal is to redesign some of our products using the Ecodesign Process. This standard requires Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), a tool that allows the recording of a product’s life stages and the monitoring of the upcoming steps in its production.
KLEEMANN’s fire protection measures include the prevention of fire risk, the regular testing and maintenance of fire protection equipment, and the relevant training of employees to deal with a possible fire. All employees are trained at least twice a year on how to use firefighting equipment and they participate in both regular and emergency fire drills and safety exercises.
KLEEMANN responsibly manages the waste resulting from production processes and continues to increase its recycling rates every year.
KLEEMANN carefully selects to cooperate with companies that lawfully hold the appropriate licenses for the transport, processing and disposal of waste.
100% of dangerous and non-solid production waste is recycled, including paint sludge, paint filters, lubricants, powder, solvents, plastic, paper, aluminum, metal scrap, wood, empty packages and sawdust.
With regard to liquid waste management, in 2015 KLEEMANN supplied all used solvents and glue to a licensed and certified manufacturing waste and management facility located in Greece.
- In collaboration with ELTEPE, (the national collective system for alternative management of lubricant waste) KLEEMANN recycles machinery lubricants which can then be resold after specialist processing.
- We recycle remaining liquid waste (cutting oils, engine coolants).
- We recycle paper.
- Our lifts are designed using a noise and vibration control system which aims to reduce electricity consumption by up to 50%.
- We care about thermal energy management (special plaque heaters are used across our premises).
- We use biodegradable products.
- We manage urban waste effectively.