People are the driving force for the sustainable growth of KLEEMANN. Our main goal is to provide a safe place to work and grow. We strive to create a respectful, rewarding, diverse, and non-discriminating working environment that everyone can grow and develop.
Working at KLEEMANN
More than 1,000 people are currently employed by KLEEMANN. 53% of our employees are labour force and 47% are personnel, who have completed higher education, of which 8.4% hold postgraduate degrees. 73% of our employees are aged between 30–50 years old, whilst 68% have worked for more than four years at KLEEMANN.
Growth and development
KLEEMANN offers a diverse range of learning and growth opportunities to all its employees, enhancing their skills, experience and talents. To support our vision for continuous growth, we implement a Growth Policy that contributes to the professional and personal development of our people. Such opportunities include:
- Open training programmes provided by external organisations at our premises
- In-house training programmes provided by external organisations at our premises
- In-house training provided by KLEEMANN
- On-the-job training
Moreover, foreign language courses are provided at our premises or in collaboration with foreign language schools. There is also a 90-hour product training programme provided for all new employees, during which a detailed analysis of all parts of the lift are presented.
In 2011, KLEEMANN launched a coaching programme addressing all personnel. Through its implementation, KLEEMANN has been able to deliver a variety of coordinated actions, cultivate a breakthrough philosophy and create a culture of excellence.
During 2015 and 2016, 95% of our employees participated in training programmes.
Human rights and equal opportunities
KLEEMANN is committed to creating a workplace where human rights are respected and to providing equal employment opportunities based on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. In this context, we have developed a diversity policy in order to establish a corporate culture that enables diverse personnel to play active roles irrespective of gender or nationality.
Since 2004, KLEEMANN has participated in programmes, initiatives and conferences that promote diversity in the workplace, that challenge gender stereotypes and raise public awareness. More specifically, we have addressed the following diversity policies over the last five years:
- To create a working environment based on equality and fairness, where each employee is provided the opportunity to maximize their capabilities and strengths.
- To improve the quality of life of our employees, offering flexible work arrangements, programs, and resources to help employees achieve greater work life balance.
- To promote gender equality in the workplace, improving the working environment and increasing efficiency and productivity.
- To avoid gender stereotypes and integrate an equal opportunities policy providing opportunities for career development and professional growth for all our employees.
In 2010, KLEEMANN signed the Declaration of Diversity of the Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility.
In 2012, at the 10th anniversary of the Best Workplaces Survey, KLEEMANN received an award for Diversity Management by the Great Place to Work Institute Hellas, for the company’s practices regarding respect for diversity and equal opportunities.
Additional to employees’ rights and benefits defined by law, KLEEMANN offers a wide range of benefits and programmes.
KLEEMANN implements a Compensation & Benefits Policy providing:
- Group Insurance Policy and Life Insurance
- Fitness center and playroom
- Employee discounts (HAPPY BENEFITS)
- Company restaurant:subsidised meals
- Sponsored personal development training programs
- Transit benefits
- Benefits and rewards vouchers
- Employee Service Anniversary Awards
- Innovative Ideas Awards
Benefits work as incentives and reflect the modern and dynamic approach of the management of KLEEMANN that constantly innovates in order to meet the needs of its employees. Rewards Policy
Moreover, KLEEMANN has adopted and implements a Rewards Policy that aims to reward employees for their positive attitude and approach under exceptional circumstances. Positive feedback and recognition are considered extremely important and we ensure that the work and contribution of our employees is acknowledged and valued. Our rewards are divided into the following categories:
- Recognition of loyalty for 10, 20 or 30 years of service and for retirees.
- Rewarding new ideas. Our management and the New Ideas team award employees are awarded for presenting innovative ideas on cost reduction, increase of productivity and improvements in quality.
- Recognition of great customer service on an annual basis.
- Reward for lift sales.